Last updated October 1, 2022
- Data we collect and how we use it (Purpose)
- How we share personal data
- No children under 13
- Users Outside the U.S. and Canada
- California Do-Not-Track Disclosure
- Links to Other Websites
- Access to Your Personal Data and How to Contact Us
Please refer to our Terms of Service (“Terms”) for additional information.
Data we Collect and How we Use it (Purpose)
1. When You Visit This Website
Our server automatically recognizes the IP address of visitors. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and subscribers use and navigate this website, including the number and frequency of visitors and subscribers to each web page, and the length of their visits. We analyze and use this information to improve the site experience for the user.
Our Policy on “Cookies”
What are Cookies?
your login data, authentication data and other essential information that enables website functionality. Cookies also help us to remember nonessential information such as your preferences, analyze how well this website is performing or recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Certain cookies contain personal data. For example, if you click “Remember Me” when logging in to our website, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies on this website won’t collect information that identifies you but instead collects more general information such as how users arrive at and use this website or their general location.
What Sort of Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies Do We Use and Why?
Generally, our cookies and similar tracking technologies perform the following functions:
- Essential/required cookies: These cookies are essential for the core operation of this website and are automatically enabled when you use this website.
- Performance cookies: These cookies help to improve the performance of this website and provide a better user experience. This allows us to provide you with a high-quality experience by customizing this website and content to your interests. Performance cookies also help us quickly identify and fix any issues that arise. For example, we use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective and to determine why some pages are producing error messages.
- Online behavioral cookies: These cookies are used by Campaign Monitor, our marketing automation software. The Campaign Monitor platform progressively builds an individual customer profile across several channels (including channels outside our website), from first touch of an anonymous visitor building up to a known customer in a CRM system, with all real-time channel switches and necessary identity transfers and mergers in between. This allows us to dynamically segment these individuals based on their profiles and serve the most relevant content to you on this website.
- Other tracking technologies: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, video partners, analytics or customer support service providers also use beacons, tags and scripts to analyze trends, administer this website, track users’ movements around our website and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
2. When You Fill Out a Feedback Form on diggovet.com
When information is provided via feedback or “contact us” forms, we collect all the information you provide, including your email address and the type of browser used. This information is not compiled or used for any purpose other than to communicate with you and fulfill your requests.
3. When You Participate in an Online Survey
We may share survey information about our users with our business partners. We keep and share with our business partners only aggregate, macro level data. For example, we will say “x” percent of our users are females and “y” percent males. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information about you.
4. When You Sign Up For Email Newsletters and Updates
You may sign up for email newsletters and other updates from us through our website. From time to time, we may send you email notifications about new or existing products and services, new website features, special offers, promotions or to otherwise contact you about your experience with our services.
All of our email alert services and special offer emails include an “Unsubscribe” link at or near the bottom of the email. To unsubscribe, simply follow the link and enter your preferences. You may update your communication preferences by logging in to diggovet.com and visiting your “My Profile” page. For more information, please see the contact information at the bottom of this page.
5. When You Create an Account and Purchase a Subscription
When you create an account, we will collect personal data you provide to allow you access to some features of this website. This may include name, address, email, and cell phone number. We may also use this information to communicate with you about other services, deliver diggovet.com marketing and editorial content to you, and enable two-factor authentication.
How we Share Personal Data
We will not share your personal data except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may collect, report and share personal data with third parties that perform services on our behalf, including technical, marketing and content service providers. We may also share your personal data with third party providers of cloud, web and/or server hosting services. We do not authorize these third parties to use your personal data except as necessary to provide services to us or for purposes authorized by us.
- Our website uses third-party service providers for the following: (1) to create and manage our email lists to fulfill newsletters, updates, etc.; (2) to handle your comments and questions submitted on our website; (3) to deliver diggovet.com advertisements and promotions; (4) to analyze navigation and site usage patterns, including through heat mapping and user session recording (we use Google Analytics, Hot Jar and Crazy Egg for these purposes); (6) for behavioral marketing (we use Campaign Monitor marketing automation software); (6) for website hosting via cloud services (we use Amazon Web Services for this purpose); and (7) to store and process data. These third-party service providers may collect personal data from you as authorized by us. We do not collect or store any financial data. Our service providers may provide data collected by them through this website to us, such as reports of email addresses and personal data they collect, store and/or process for us, which we may use for marketing purposes. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these service providers or of other websites. By using our website, you consent to the processing and handling of your personal data by our service providers in the manner and for the purposes described here and in their respective privacy policies. We do not authorize our third-party service providers to use your personal data except as necessary to provide services to us or for purposes authorized by us.
- Additionally, we may disclose your personal data (1) to comply with a law, regulation or other governmental request, for example, to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal processes or requests by law enforcement or governmental entities; (2) to investigate or defend against third party claims against us; (3) to detect, prevent or investigate fraud or other illegal activity or enforce our Terms of Service; (4) to repair or resolve technical issues in the operation of this website; (5) to respond to a request by you to disclose the information, including your requests to allow access to your account and personal data by third parties designated by you; (6) with your knowledge and consent; and (7) to address emergencies or ‘Acts of God.’ We may share your personal data as an asset of the business in the event of a sale, merger or other business combination or transfer involving us, our parent or subsidiary entities.
We take the security of your personal data seriously. We implement commercially reasonable technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, breach and destruction of personal data collected through this website. However, we cannot and do not guarantee that your personal data will never be accessed by an unauthorized party or otherwise breached. Unauthorized access to and breach of your personal data collected through this website are risks associated with your use of this website.
We will retain your personal data for as long as we deem reasonably necessary or desirable, unless a different retention period is required by any applicable law, rule or regulation. We reserve the right to delete or destroy any data collected, including personal data, at any time.
No Children under 13
This website is not directed at or intended for use by children under 13 years old. In fact, this website is not intended to be used by anyone under the age of 21, as described in our Terms of Service. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 through this website. You may be required to create an account to use certain features of our website, which will require you to provide your date of birth.
Users outside the US and Canada
This website is not directed at or intended for users outside the US or Canada. Please be advised that if you are located in the European Union or another region with laws related to data collection and use that may differ from US law, your personal data submitted through this website and transferred to the US may not have the same legal data protection as in your jurisdiction. Please review our Terms of Service for additional information.
California Do-Not-Track disclosure
This Website does not respond to “Do-Not-Track Signals.”
Links to Other Websites
Access to your Personal Data and How to Contact us
c/o Trone Research and Consulting, LLC.
1835 Eastchester Drive
High Point, NC 27265